Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anne Frank

We've been talking about World War II in history for the past week or so. I've always found this a pretty fascinating time period and I like studying it. (That's a big part of why I like Molly.) Anyways, our school is having an assembly for the academic awards this quarter, and our teacher volunteered our class to put on a play. And since we're studying WWII, she decided on The Diary of Anne Frank. The assembly is this friday, right before the break starts, and a lot of parents will be there. Because my teacher is really scatter brained and crazy, we didn't start rehearsing the play until today. (No, that wasn't a typo. Today.)

First thing this morning, she assigned parts. I was chosen to play Anne Frank. I was really honored at first, and then I realized I had been a) type cast, and b) completely bamboozled, as that part has A LOT of lines.

Well, before we started rehearsing, to give the class some background on the time period and what-not, we watched this film about the Holocaust. It was SO sad. I didn't mean to, but the film really upset me and I sorta started to cry a little. Not like bawling or anything, but still. This girl named Claire who sits next to me noticed and leaned over and called me "a stupid, overly-sensitive baby." And I wiped my eyes, and kinda without thinking accidentally called her a stupid little... well, I won't repeat the word, because it was kinda bad. And of course, I got in trouble. I didn't even mean to say it... I guess it's something I picked up from my sisters, since they jokingly call each other that at least 10 times a day. The punishment? Lunchtime detention for two days, a call home, and I lost my part in the play. The ironic bit? The new Anne Frank is CLAIRE. Whatever... I didn't want to be in a play anyways.

The good thing, I suppose is that my parents didn't get too mad. My mom told me to watch my mouth from now on (which I promise I will *angelic smile*) and my dad took one of my comics. (And that was only because he wanted to read it.)

Until next time,
Wendy (Angela Moira Darling) Stein XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm sorry you lost your part. That stupid Claire sounds a lot like Meredith though, but I suppose it's fitting that SHE'S now saddled with learning all those lines. I have a mouth problem too, but I end up writing most of what I REALLY think, lol.

    XOXO
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! Was the movie The Boy In THe Striped Pajamas??? :(
    Mia from amazingags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi we are Geargia Samantha & Nellie. Come seee are blog we share with are Friend Kriston: Savannahanandrachelsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how could Claire do that?! I'm not even Jewish--not directly anyway--but the Holocaust always makes me sad. Like you, I love studying the era, but I know I couldn't watch a movie about it without crying.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you lost your part! Clair is the insensitive one!

    I would be really sad if I watched that movie, since some people in my family are Jewish, and I am partly Jewish.

    I got detention today too. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there are a few things I'd like you to remember before you comment:

1. Please be polite -- to me and others.
2. Avoid foul language.
3. Please, no chatspeak. I don't mind an "lol" here or there... but pls dont tlk 2 me lyk dis.
4. Sign in or at least leave your name. I want to know who's writing to me!
5. Have fun! That's what this is all about, right? =)