Friday, January 2, 2009

The Basics

Hi to anyone who may be reading this! You might have guessed this already, but I'm Wendy, or Wendy Madelyn Stein if I'm being scolded. I wasn't sure of the best way to introduce myself to this whole blogging world (blogiverse? blogisphere? note to self: look up both of those words), so I decided just to ramble off about myself a bit. But because lists make things seem organized, which my thoughts definitely are not, I will use a list to do that. Lists are lovely, don'tcha think? =)

1. As I mentioned, my name is Wendy Madelyn Stein. I also have a Hebrew name, but the Latin alphabet does it no justice, so it shall go unmentioned.

2. Maybe the line about the Hebrew name tiped you off, but I'm Jewish. My whole family is actually.

3. I'm adopted. And no, I don't really wonder about my birth parents. I love my mom and dad, even if they do bug me from time to time.

4. I have 2 older sisters. They're 16 year old twins named Bethany and Sarah, or as I call them, Selma and Patty. The nicest word I can use to describe them is annoying. My parents are always reminding me of how they'll be off to college soon enough and I should cherish what could be our last years in the same house, but I'm honestly counting the days. And I doubt either of them will get in to any schools anyways. *sigh*

5. I love comic books, especially Superman.

6. I play the clarinet in my school band. I only do it because my parents make me. I wanted to play the cowbell, but they thought it would be a little tedious.... which, funnily enough, is how I feel about clarinet.

7. I'm a Girl Scout. It's alright... pretty fun sometimes... but I'd like it more if I had some friends in my troop.

8. I'm not a girly girl... but I don't mind the occassional skirt or dress. Just not on a regular basis!

9. I have an American Girl Molly doll. I haven't had her too long just yet, but she's honestly my favorite Hannukah present ever.

10. I couldn't think of a tenth thing, but stopping at 9 seemed kinda silly. =P

So that's me, I guess. I'll be updating my blog soon and I hope I meet other people with blogs I can read too! I doubt I'll be posting here everyday, but I'll write as regularly as I can.

Until next time,
Wendy (Angela Moira Darling) Stein XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I'm Haley, nice to 'meet' ya! I'll be adding your link to my GROWING list of blogs! teehee
    You sound a lot like my friend Kristy, who's a TOTAL tomboy and refuses to wear ANY skirts or dresses! My blog link is http://aghaleysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! My name is Kit! I enjoyed reading your blog, I always love making new friends! Something neat that I noticed is that we have the same middle name, my middle name is Madelyn too!

    My blog is http://kitsmusings.blogspot.com/. Do you mind if I add you to my friends list?

    I can't wait to get to know you better!

    -Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendy! I'm Jane! Nice to meet you! =] I can't wait to get to know you better! Keep us posted!
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, nice to met you! Italy is beautiful, you should visit someday if you have the chance! Thanks for adding me to your list of favorite blogs. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there are a few things I'd like you to remember before you comment:

1. Please be polite -- to me and others.
2. Avoid foul language.
3. Please, no chatspeak. I don't mind an "lol" here or there... but pls dont tlk 2 me lyk dis.
4. Sign in or at least leave your name. I want to know who's writing to me!
5. Have fun! That's what this is all about, right? =)