Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sixth Grade Schedule

Today I was notified at school that I will be receiving the Mary G. Lee Principal's Award this Thursday at the fifth grade award ceremony. Mary G. Lee was the very first principal at my school (Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary), and the award is given each year to a fifth grade girl who shows creativity, effort, and leadership. I'm really proud... I never saw this coming!

We were also given our schedules for fall.

1st/2nd Period - English and Language Arts
3rd Period - Math
4th Period - P.E.
5th Period - Science
6th Period - Social Studies (History)
7th Period - Reading

I got another surprise on my schedule... I was placed in GATE/Honors. GATE stands for Gifted and Talented Education, and you know what Honors means. Since when am I smart? LOL It turns out that Claire (yes, the mean one) is in 1st/2nd, 4th, and 7th with me. UGH!! I called Nicki (who got her schedule in the mail) and she's in 1st/2nd, 3rd, and 6th with me. We get along pretty well now, so I'll be glad to have her in my classes. But Claire? YUCK! No thank you.

It will indeed be an interesting three years at Antongiovanni Middle School.

Until next time,
Wendy (Angela Moira Darling) Stein XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the huge honor, Wendy! I thought I would be getting my principal's award but Megan got it instead. I don't begrudge her for getting it, better her than anyone else except me, I suppose, lol.
    Also, I'm not surprised you're in honors classes, although you might be, lol. I do read those comments you write in my blog entries :)
    Can't wait to finally meet you and good luck in junior high!

    XOXO
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award and being in the GATE classes! I'm glad the Nicki is in some of your classes, but too bad Claire is too. :(

    ~Avery~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! And you got your 6th grade schedule already? We don't get our new schedule until August! It's really hard to believe I'll be in 8th grade in the fall, though--middle school sure goes by fast. Be sure to make the most of your 6th grade year because it will be over before you know it.

    Don't think about the fall yet, though--we still have SUMMER VACATION ahead of us!

    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD LIKE THIS POST OR NOT. THIS IS CAUSE MY NAME IS CLAIRE BUT I AM ALSO IN GATE


    I NOT MEAN AM I?! =(
    CLAIRE

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there are a few things I'd like you to remember before you comment:

1. Please be polite -- to me and others.
2. Avoid foul language.
3. Please, no chatspeak. I don't mind an "lol" here or there... but pls dont tlk 2 me lyk dis.
4. Sign in or at least leave your name. I want to know who's writing to me!
5. Have fun! That's what this is all about, right? =)